PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR A WITHDRAWAL FROM THE ANNUITY AND PROFIT SHARING FUND
Note: If you plan on retiring begin this process at least 90 days prior to your anticipated retirement date.
- Determine whether you meet the criteria for withdrawing from the Plan (see Article V) of the Plan Document.
- Contact the Benefits Office with questions.
- Meet with Merrill Lynch and/or your personal financial advisor.
- Complete the Distribution Request Form and Separation of Notice return both forms to the Benefits Office.
- If you were previously married, you are required to provide a certified copy of your divorce decree that relates to benefits, especially annuity and profit sharing benefits. If there is any entitlement to a portion of your benefits on the part of your former spouse, the Benefits Office must recalculate the benefit based on the terms of the divorce decree. In addition, the Plan may require the filing of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) prior to the disbursement of any benefit.